Time with family is a precious commodity in our very busy culture so, in honour of Family Day, I went on a hunt to find some cool and fun activities to do with the family…here’s my list of the top ten I liked (in no particular order):
- Spend a day at the Royal Ontario Museum and experience history that will inspire the imagination of everyone in the family.
- Go for a hike and see nature close up at one of Conservation Halton’s many nature trails.
- Break out those board games that have been collecting dust in the closet and have a family Game Night. Top 50 games of all time
- See all of the amazing colours and flowers at the Royal Botanical Gardens.
- Discover and explore how things work at the Ontario Science Centre.
- Go skating on the Rideau Canal.
- Bake some cookies together. This is my favourite chocolate chip recipe.
- Go cross-country skiing on over 40km of trails in the Dundas Valley conservation area.
- Help a neighbour. Did it snow? Offer to shovel the driveway. Leaves on the ground? Offer to rake the yard.
- Solve a puzzle together. (jigsaw, crossword, word search)
I hope this list inspires some great activities and memories for your family!